Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And they lived Happily Ever After...in the cold!


McKenzie has been wanting to make a snowprincess ever since the first snow flake hit the ground. I've been putting it off until yesterday, we finally made one. However, a princess was not enough this year, she informed me that the princess would get lonely out there all by herself. So of course, she had to have a prince to keep her company out in the cold. They are suppose to be princess Ariel and prince Eric! Aren't they spiting image of the real thing? I had to convince McKenzie that we could make a few changes and work with what we had (those snowman & snowwoman kits). She finally agreed that Eric could just wear a snowman hat instead of giving him black hair. Thank goodness because I wasn't sure how I was going to make black without it looking like something left over from an animal. We had to improvise on the arms,but we had a great time! McKenzie's favorite part was giving them some color!


This was Princess Belle from last year!

4 comments:

  1. I love your snow princesses. I wish I was feeling ambitious enough to build snow anything with my kids. I just bundle them and say have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cool. Is that celery for arms? And how do you dye the snow? Just normal food dye or what? My kids would have a hay day with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it is just food coloring and water. I put it in a spray bottle and let them go to town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute. What a good mom you are. It's so funny because I already see the boy coming out in Wyatt. I have a feeling princesses aren't going to be welcomed at our house.

    ReplyDelete