Friday, March 6, 2009

Good Times With The Family!

I can't believe it has been a month already since I have put up a post. I guess we have been busy. We went down to Utah with my mom the other weekend because my sister-in-law was being induced and my mom had to help my sister-in-law, Heather, paint her house. The first night we were there I stayed at my brother Adam's house (yeah to chef), who was at work of course. So, Heather (Adam's wife) and I hung out. We decided we would stop by his work and have him make us some pizzas. The pizza was so good, but he also made us some bruschetta. He made two kinds, the regular bruschetta with tomatoes and spices...but then he made this amazing kind with eggplant (which I normally don't care for) and some other toppings. Oh my, it was seriously one of the top ten best things I have ever tasted. You know like on Ratatouille how Remy is explaining what a good mix of ingredients together taste like to his brother, and there are fireworks going off as he is describing it. That is exactly what I thought about when I tasted this bruschetta, it was truly amazing. I'm drooling just writing about it, just kidding but close. Anyway it was really fun just to hang out with Heather and Jayden that night, Emma might tell you other wise ;) Then the next day while there was painting going on Adam and I took our kids to the Children's Museum. We went on President's Day, so it was pretty crowded, but McKenzie, Emma, and Jayden still had a blast.

McKenzie putting gas in Jayden car!

(and some random kid in the background)

Jayden pumping water!

Emma riding the fake horse,

she wasn't too happy about being on him.



Emma playing a little door lock, while McKenzie is figuring out the directions
(or so it looks that way)!

They had a great time! Thanks Adam and Heather!


The next night we went down to stay at my brother Aaron's house. They had just gotten back from Florida, they went for the NASCAR Daytona 500 race (which now they are total fans)! So we were all ready to relax, and so were the kids.


We put PJs on all the kids before they all laid down to watch Flushed Away. It was such a cute sight (except for the scary red eyes) to see them all in a row. Don't you just love Emma's hair!

The next day Brighton Lynn Vickers was born. She was 9 lbs. 4 oz. and you could tell. She had about three chins, big cheeks, and tons of black hair. The scary thing is, she was a week early. I sure hope I never have a baby that big, but big babies run in the family. I can't believe it, but I don't have any pictures of her. I guess they are all on my mom's camera. Oh well, I guess I'll just have a mental picture of her until I can get a real one. Congrats, Michael and Trina, she a cute girl.

The girls and I had a great time with my family, it's always good to see everyone!

3 comments:

  1. love all the cousins on the couch! How Fun! So I am also drooling about the brushetta. Glad you got to escape our miserable cold for a bit. Even if it was in Utah something about a change of scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your brother Adam ever comes up to visit, and you let him loose in your kitchen, let me know. I might have to "drob by" and get a taste of his cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant "drop by" not "drob by"! My mind was too busy fantasizing about the yummy bruschetta you described that I couldn't spell!

    ReplyDelete