Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Weeks!

Well it is finally all over but what a crazy few weeks we had. I think Halloween gets longer and longer every year. There are just so many things going on all month long. I think if someone tried to make it to every event around the area (including Halloween night), they could have enough candy for a whole year. The Gooch family didn't go that far but we might have enough candy for 6 months!
Our Halloween events actually started on the 18th of October for an annual Halloween party with a few friends in Utah. The theme was Super Heroes or Villains! Fred went as Jack Burton from this really cheesy 80s movie and I went as Cruella Deville.


In this picture, that is my real hair that was sprayed black & white, what a mess that was! I had black all over my neck, face, and hands by the end of the night. So I was smarter the next few times that I dressed up as Cruella, I got a wig and sprayed it, instead of my own hair. Anyway, we had a lot of fun at the party. Thanks Jim and Heather, you guys always throw a great party!


This year for family home evening, we went to a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins. I think McKenzie's favorite part was being able to cart around the pumpkins in the wagon. Emma was too cold to really get into it but she still had a good time and picked out her own pumpkin. She just wanted to ride on daddy's shoulders! We only ended up paying $5 for 4 pumpkins! It was a really fun place, they had a little kids maze made out of hay bales, wagons to pull your pumpkins around, and a big painted board where you put your face through the holes and take pictures. Here's our family picture, plus my mom's shadow.



That night we went home and painted the pumpkins. Of course Emma ended up a mess, but she enjoyed every minute of it!



I tried something this Halloween that has never been attempted by these hands of mine and may not ever be attempted again. I made McKenzie's Halloween costume, with the help of an old dress up that was falling apart. She wanted to be Ariel, she already had the necklace, crown, and shoes. So, for the costume I took parts off the old dress up, added it to some new fabric, and made an Ariel tutu. Wallah, her costume was done! Oh yeah and we got an Ariel wig. It was a hit, especially when we went to the parade at the library. Little girls were coming up to her and touching her hair and telling her how pretty Ariel's hair was. I think she loved all the attention!



As for Emma, I knew it would depend on the day what she was going to be for Halloween. She had a few choices, she could have been any of the princesses dresses we have, Mini Mouse, or a Ladybug. When we went to the library Emma was Princess Erica from Barbie Princess and the Pauper. At home she was or every day now is Snow White. For the actual day of Halloween, she ended up being a Ladybug.



To sum up all our Halloween activities we went to a pumpkin patch, school carnival, a church carnival, a library parade, Halloween street down at Snake River Landing, got a pumpkin pizza for dinner, and went trick-or-treating old school way. Over all it was a fun few weeks of Halloween!


The girls were all tuckered out by the end.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun Halloween. You don't know me, but my husband and your husband were friends growing up in Alaska or Washington I can't remember. Then they worked at Docutech together -Does Fred still work there? Anyway I saw the name Gooch on a friends blog and thought-that isn't a very common name, I wonder if it is Jon's old friend Fred. Turns out it is-small world in the world of blogging. Anyway it was fun to see your family I will have to tell Jon to check it out.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so cute! It sounds like you had a jam-packed fun filled Halloween. So did we. Crazy what we do to make things fun for our kiddos.

    ReplyDelete