Friday, November 7, 2008

Zucchini Chips

I was just reading some other blogs and came across a friends blog (Julie) who had canned a bunch of food. Which reminded me about the three buckets full of carrots in our garage that I still need to do something with, but instead I am blogging (anything to not do work)! Oh yeah, and I need to can the rest of our tomatoes that have been ripening down stairs. I'll just add them to my list of things to do but don't really want to do. Anyway, her blog also reminded me of a great recipe for zucchini that I grew up eating. I love it because it's pretty healthy, at lest it seems healthier to me than frying them, and my girls love zucchini this way. Emma can't get enough!

Zucchini Chips

Ingredients:

1 or 2 medium size zucchini

fresh graded Parmesan cheese (the kind in the bag)

Directions:

First wash zucchini and slice about ¼ inch thick. You don’t want them too thick or too thin. Take a cookie sheet and spray it down with vegetable spray, so the zucchini won't stick to the pan. Place sliced zucchini in rows on the cookie sheet as close together as possible. Then cover each zucchini chip with Parmesan cheese. Broil for 10 – 15 minutes or until cheese is browned. Place chips onto a plate and serve warm (not as good when they are cold). Enjoy, we always do!

2 comments:

  1. I have tomatoes in the basement too! I am so ready to be done with canning for the year. I used to love tomatoes, but now I am not so sure. I guess someday I will be glad I learned how to can. Good luck with your tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you survived your first day in Primary. I think we will all work really well together. Oh the fun begins! I had no idea you were such a Martha Stewart! I always have tons of veggies, but never have a chance to do anything with them.

    ReplyDelete